Tuesday 13 October 2015

Adventures in Gardening



Various Stages of butterfly observed @ home

It will be a great surprise for anyone to observe the various stages of butterfly at home. Butterfly is one of the beautiful creation of God. All of us love it.




I have a garden in my terrace. There ....on a fine day I found a caterpillar.....
then I started capturing the development of that beautiful insect. Here are those developmental stages.....


Caterpillar:




Pupa:





Butterfly:






Pupa after releasing butterfly:

Two Butterflies :

 

Attractions for butterflies in the terrace :







How butterflies help our garden?
Protecting butterflies and fruitful gardening can be achieved simultaneously. Butterflies and many more friendly insects that helps in pollination are destroyed by harmful fertilizers. So natural farming is my solution. Always we should start with what is available. Depending upon my availability I started decomposing the uncooked wastes from the kitchen, dried leaves withered from my plants and produced COMPOST. I will explain in my future blog with pictures " How I Compost". Vegetables like radishes, ladies finger and sweet corn are produced with the help of air, soil, water, Sun, Compost and very importantly the friendly insects. Our friend Butterfly helps our garden. Without the help of them only least produce can be acheived. Let us protect the nature by farming naturally!!!
Plants that I grow to eat:
I grow Vegetables like Ladies finger(வெண்டை)  , Radish(முள்ளங்கி) and also Sweet corn( சோளம்). Greens like Palak(பசலை), Drumstick(முருங்கை) , Ponnankanni(பொன்னாங்கன்னி)  and so many herbs like Aruhampul (அருகம்புல்), Tulasi(துளசி) , Pudina(புதினா) , Adathodai( ஆடாதொடை), karpooravalli(கற்பூரவள்ளி), Mudakaruthan(முடக்கறுத்தான்) , Sundaikai(சுண்டைகாய்) , Pirandai(பிரண்டை)  and Katralai(கற்றாழை)  are also grown. Have added my cute Lady's finger plant and sweet Red Palak who could climb very well.


Hope you all enjoyed the various stages of butterfly and its uses. Now you know how to protect them thereby how vegetables can be grown.
Wish you all Happy Gardening...


Check the following links to know in-detail.

22 comments:

  1. Please post your comments so that I could improve....Have added only the pictures of roses here. ll add more pictures of many more plants that I grow in my next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i am seeing it , I am feeling if I am in spring season here too much of heat 😎.there is rain , feeling spring season here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh good....May God shower His blessings as shower of rain there :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much....let us all acheive it together

      Delete
  4. Really super da... All the very best for great ful future

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anni... You are an example for Go Green!!!

    Me too maintained the same in my mom home terrace... Most are floral plants and medicinal plants...

    I feel it's a kind of meditation too:-):-):-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks da....Gud....Let's all achieve our mission "Go Green" together...Yes I agree that meditation and gardening are one and the same :)

      Delete
  6. Nice Sundari.A feel of refreshment fills watching it.Morover, kids also understand the importance of nature as they grow watching the evolution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chithi...True chithi...Kids future rely on the nature that we preserve today....Nature is great!!!!

      Delete
  7. Great going Sundari!!!your love and care for nature is very appreciative. Clicks are awesome.! Do you use any fertiliser or manure?I have strated aterrace garden too with roses,Malli pitchi,parijatham, etc..some yield good but some don't.it would be helpful if you share some tips on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very happy on reading your mind boosting comments ka. Thanks a lot. Natural compost which are prepared after decaying the kitchen wastes and withered leaves from plants are my manure. Thanks for igniting me by asking about the manure used. I added more texts at the end of the blog so that it would be complete. Separate blog is to be written on "How to Compost". According to me, Recycling the recyclable wastes is one of the fundamental duty of Nature lovers :)

      Delete
  8. Super pa.....flowers and photos r too good...keep going

    ReplyDelete
  9. feel so good sundari.There r lots of butterflies in my house especially in the terrace garden,but I haven't seen a pupa or a caterpillar.here my parents take care of our terrace garden.We have more than 8 varieties of veggies,sometimes carrot,cauliflower and cabbage.Its really refreshing.Go green.It works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great! Very happy to hear from you....Keep going.....what our ancestors did need to be recalled from our genes...that's enough for gardening...simple but mind filling.

      Delete
  10. You are great nature lover jeya.. And also being the inspiration to many. May the nature itself bless you with all her beauties

    ReplyDelete